Last update: 01/12/2022
As a Swiss company, we know how important privacy is and how much protecting and keeping our customer data private matters. We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust.
Privacy is a core principle in the development of Xtenso. We intend to collect and process your personal data only for purposes that benefit you, the end-user, and to be transparent in our data management practices. We do not sell, rent, release, disclose, or otherwise communicate in any way your personal information to another company for monetary or other valuable consideration.
2. Data collected
It goes without saying that, as an invoice management application, it is in the primary purpose of Xtenso to collect and store some business data. Our responsibility is to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data. The data that you provide us or that is collected is described below. Note that the data is yours and we do not monitor the content that you submit to the App.
Invoice data, such as products and services you are billing your clients.
Client data, as your client's address and company name.
Personal data such as your IBAN and personal address.
All of this data is collected only to make it possible to generate legally compliant invoices.
3. Usage of your data
The main reason we use your data is to deliver and improve our Services. The ways in which we use your personal data are detailed below:
- To create and manage your account, based on your action of opening an account on the App
- To provide you with the products, services, or information you request, based on our contractual relationship
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us
- To provide technical support, customer support, troubleshooting, and other assistance for the App, in order to deliver the service
- To improve the App, including testing, research, internal analytics, and product development
- To personalize the App based on your preferences
- To do fraud protection, security, and debugging for security reasons
- To notify you about updates or changes to App features and content, or other important information
- To send you emails and other communication according to your preferences, based on your consent
In addition to the points above, the personal information you provide us in the context of a specific program or survey can be used for the purpose of the program or survey for which they have been collected.
4. Data disclosure
We do not sell, rent, release, disclose, or otherwise communicate in any way your personal information to any other entity or company for monetary or other valuable consideration. However, we rely on third parties to help us operate and improve our Services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, communication, and payment processing. The third parties we rely on and their function in our Services are described in the next section.
5. Sharing of personal data with other parties
In order to provide you with our Services, we are partnering with third parties, in particular:
- Firebase is used for authentication, data hosting, and data synchronization across devices.
- Google Cloud is used for storing files (images, audio files, etc…) and sending emails.
- RevenueCat (RevenueCat, Inc.) is used for managing purchases and subscriptions.
Twilio SendGrid (Twilio, Inc.) is used for sending emails.
- Mixpanel is used for analytics.
We require such third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you have accessed the Services, to comply with all relevant data protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal data, usually by way of contract.
6. Data retention and erasure
Your personal data will only be stored and processed for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for, i.e. to allow you to use our Services.
The App includes an option to delete your account, which will permanently and irrevocably delete all the personal data we have collected about you. Information regarding the usage of the app will be kept but anonymized.
7. Access to your data
You can ask us to see a copy of the data we have collected about you. Depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability, or variations of those terms. You may also ask for the deletion of your data or object to a specific processing. To request this, please contact us using the contact information at the bottom of this page. You may request this information multiple times but if overused, we reserve the right to decline it or ask for compensation.
Most features of the App are provided by popular services with high-security standards. We work hard to protect you from unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. Our App uses encryption, and access to your data is only granted on a need-to-know basis to individuals with confidentiality obligations. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our security measures. We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security or any other violation of our terms and policies. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately. Please keep in mind that you are responsible to decide what content you wish to share/upload on the App.
9. California Resident Rights (CCPA)
We do not sell your personal information so no opt-out choice is necessary. What this means is that we do not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate in any way your personal information to another company for monetary or other valuable consideration.
10. European Union Data Subject Rights (GDPR)
Xtenso is a Swiss brand owned by Xtenso Sàrl.
This document is part of our general Terms of Service.